We record the intensification of "man in the middle" attempts of computer fraud.
In order to prevent fraud of this kind it is suggested to take the following precautions:
- Contact your Customers and Suppliers by phone on the contact details already in your possession in case of discrepancies in the payment methods (IBAN exchange, Payment discount proposals, etc.);
- change passwords frequently and check if the default rules for receiving emails have been changed;
- protect the WIFI network using effective passwords;
- activate the "two-factor" identification to access to home banking services;
- pay attention to the use of smartphones, they make life easier for us but they do not allow us to see gross errors made by criminals that on a normal computer would be easily found;
- always update the operating system;
- install an antivirus and antimalware;
- Sensitize and update the staff responsible for paying commercial transactions by informing them about these phenomena of "hacking".
Thank you for your cooperation